Warmth and plenty of sunshine had members and guests of Vine Street Baptist Church in a hand-clapping, toe-tapping kind of mood for singing today.
The service opened with Deacon Betty Jeffries reading Psalm 30 and saying a prayer. Co-Worship Leader Jacob Hatcher welcomed everyone and asked the gathered to stand and sing in praise:
- Soon and Very Soon
- I Saw the Light
After a time of fellowship and greeting, Associate Pastor Brandon Saunders gave a few announcements:
- Continuation of the Timothy study this morning
- Justin Francis presenting a study on 1 Samuel 24 tonight
- 21st Session of the Harrod’s Creek Shape Note Convention coming up at the end of the month
- Shape Note Singing School this afternoon in the Fellowship Hall
- Women’s Bible Study starting May 14th.
After a pastoral prayer, Seth Carter read Ephesians 2:12-16 and Co-Worship Leader Jaime Hatcher lead the congregation in more singing:
- Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing
- Just As I Am
Deacon Mickie Bainter said a prayer for the offering, then the Hatchers played their instruments while the offering plates were passed.
Associate Pastor Brandon Saunders delivered today’s message. This is the first message in the next in series on the books of Timothy. The full audio can be heard by clicking on the date link below, or right-click and select “Save As” to save the file to your computer. Click on the scripture reference to follow along with the reading.
|April 17, 2016 AM||2 Timothy 2:14-26||Don’t Believe a Bunch of Junk||Brandon Saunders|
After the sermon, the congregation sang the 3rd stanza of Come Thou Fount, and Saunders closed the service with a benediction scripture.