Summer is about to hit Louisville with higher temperatures, but the fellowship at Vine Street Baptist Church is always warm and inviting.
Today’s worship service began with Deacon Betty Jeffries reading Psalm 66:1-5 and saying a prayer. Guest Worship Leader and regular attendee, Nolan Hodge, led the gathered in song.
- How Firm a Foundation
- How Deep the Father’s Love for Us
After a time of welcoming guests and one another, Associate Pastor Brandon Saunders gave some announcements and information about the life of church:
- Bible study tonight
- Next week starts a new sermon series: Summer Stories
- Pal-o-Mine Club has lunch and fellowship this Wednesday.
- Highland Community Ministries Summer Food Collection
- Concord Baptist Church Youth Mission Trip to Vine Street
- Pastoral concerns and prayer
The ushers collected today’s tithes and offering, then everyone stood and continued singing:
- Before the Throne of God Above
- Be Still My Soul
Senior Pastor Spencer Harmon came to the platform to read today’s sermon scripture and delivered the message.
The sermon continues the verse by verse series through 2 Corinthians. The full audio can be heard by clicking on the date link below, or right-click and select “Save As” to save the file to your computer. Click on the scripture reference to follow along with the reading.
|June 11, 2017
|2 Corinthians 11:16-33
|Defeating Boasting with Boasting
After the sermon, the congregation stood and sang They Will Know We Are Christians, then Spencer closed the service with a benediction from the Bible.