The first day of Spring, though still a little cool outside, brought many smiling faces to Vine Street Baptist Church today.
The service began with Deacon Joe Gross reading Psalm 95:1-6, then saying saying a prayer. Co-Worship Leader, Jacob Hatcher, welcomed everyone and encouraged everyone to stand and sing while Co-Worship Leader Jaime Hatcher led in song.
- O Worship the King
- Hosanna (Praise is Rising)
A time of fellowship was followed by Associate Pastor Brandon Saunders presenting several announcements:
- Today – We conclude the 1 Timothy series
- Tonight – Seth Carter continues the 1 Samuel Series
- Shape Note Sing/School this afternoon at 2:30pm
- Easter Sunday is next week.
- Post cards will be delivered to the neighborhood this afternoon.
- Pray for people who will come
- Housekeeping items
- Pastoral prayer
Boyce student Justin Francis read Hebrews 8:1-7, then the congregation continued singing:
- What a Friend We Have in Jesus
- I Have Decided to Follow Jesus
Deacon Mickie Bainter said a prayer for the offering, then the offering plates were passed while the Hatchers played quietly in the background.
Associate Pastor Brandon Saunders delivered today’s message. This message was the conclusion of a multi-part sermon series on the book of 1st Timothy. The full audio can be heard by clicking on the date link below, or right-click and select “Save As” to save the file to your computer. Click on the scripture reference to follow along with the reading.
|March 20, 2016 AM||1 Timothy 6:11-21||How To Fight||Brandon Saunders|
After the sermon, the congregation sang What a Friend We Have in Jesus during a time of response and reflection. To conclude the service, Saunders read a closing passage of scripture.